fan controller

Status
Not open for further replies.

wafflehammer

Fully Optimized
Okay I'm gonna buy a fan speed controller because these new fans are way to loud lol

Newegg.com - Scythe KQ01-BK-3.5 "KAZE Q" Fan Controller - Controller Panels

this one I like, but it's 3.5 and I don't know if my case is 3.5 ready. I know when I put in my CD drive I had to remove a black brace. And there is still another in the case...but I"m not to sure if that is a converter or not. My case is the NZXT tempest by the way....

So is that case ready to go to 3.5 already or do I need to buy a bracket? If I do need a bracket..what would you guys recommend? Preferably on the cheap side. Or if you have a better recommendation for the fan controller that's welcome too.

EDIT:

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produ...re=5.25_fan_controller-_-11-998-808-_-Product

this seems to be a decent fan controller..plus it's 5.25 and would save the trouble of having to find a convertor. Still looking for some opinions though.

looking at the newegg spec page, it said the case has 1 external 3.5 bay
so I'd assume it has a space for the fan controller
but I dunno.... looking at the pictures I didn't see one

looking at this review, it said your case came with an adapter
Not shown is the manual, and a black plastic 3.5″ to 5.25″ drive bay adapter.

yea that's what I'm thinking :\ there is a black bracket that is taking up some space, but i don't think it's big enough to make it go to 3.5 from 5.25

yo, looking at this review

that very bottom slot, with the bracket

it should fit 3.5 fan controllers

7.jpg

so open up your case and see if it's already installed, if not, look through your pile of computer stuff and see if you can find it

Uhm k...got the controller today :| it fits in the thing, but I can't secure it without having like 1-2 inch long screws :\

plus the bracket has an indenture for like a floppy drive (how it tilts in to grab the disc)..which I find unattractive :\ so I think I"m gonna go ahead and order some sort of 3.5 to 5.25 convertor

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom