Windows 7 multiple desktops?

Status
Not open for further replies.

feartheterp

Beta member
Hey everyone! I am knew to tech-forums and it seems like an extremely active and friendly forum

Here is my problem:
I recently upgraded my Laptop to Windows Seven since HP gave me a free upgrade option. In Windows Vista you could run multiple desktops but with the new taskbar it seems like you can't in Windows 7

I guess I should explain what I would love to be able to do;

Tonight I plan on watching the Eagles vs Cowboys game thru an online feed but will use an HDMI cable to watch it on my TV. While me and my bud are going to play a video game on our laptop. So I want the Cowboys VS Eagles game to be displayed on my TV while my game is on my laptop. Is this possible? I am using ATI drivers if that makes a difference. Thank you

You should just be able to plug the TV in and the multiple display wizard should pop up, asking if you want to clone the current desktop or extend the desktop over to that one. Choose to extend over. I run multiple displays on my computer, and also have used my laptop that has Win7 to play movies on a TV while having something else running on the main screen.

Thanks for the reply carnage :). Now I tried that and the display wizard didn't pop up. Is there a way I can navigate to this? This is going to be really awesome. Also how do I rep you?

You may need to open the Catylst Control Center in order to do this. Not sure how it works with ATi since i run nVidia, but i know that when i right click anywhere on my desktop there is a option there for the nVidia control panel. In there is the option to setup multiple desktops. So you can try that. can also try through the windows display settings as well.

Right click on the desktop, select Personalize, in there click on Display on the lower left hand side under See Also. There on the left side again select the option for Change Display Settings. That will give you the option to expand your desktop to the TV.

To give Rep click on the check mark icon under the username. It should be located right near the yellow triangle with the ! in it. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom