Which Laptop...

Status
Not open for further replies.
I personally don't like Compaq, but I'd recommend the first one.

What exactly are you going to use it for?

You might want to install the x64 version of Win 7. x32 can only use 3gb of that 4gb ram.

I personally don't like Compaq, but I'd recommend the first one.

What exactly are you going to use it for?

You might want to install the x64 version of Win 7. x32 can only use 3gb of that 4gb ram.

I personally trust HP Compaq. I wouldn't trust Acer or Dell for Laptops.
I just want it to be better in performance than my desktop at the moment. The specs are:
  • Intel Pentium D 915
  • 2GB RAM
  • 250GB HDD
  • Gainward Nvidia GTS 250

After I bought the GTS 250 but never really used up its full potential. I'd say the GPU in the CQ61-311AX is sufficient for me.

IMO the price difference between them is pretty much right, I think I would go for the cheaper one though.

I would too although I'm quite sure I can talk the price of the CQ61-214TU down to under $700. :grin:

Thanks.

Neither...

If you want to beat your old desktop in gaming performance, neither of those laptops have a GPU that's good enough to beat the old desktop. Are you sure you don't just want to upgrade the old Desktop's CPU and Mobo?

Neither...

If you want to beat your old desktop in gaming performance, neither of those laptops have a GPU that's good enough to beat the old desktop. Are you sure you don't just want to upgrade the old Desktop's CPU and Mobo?

Well, I said I'm not going to use up the full potential of the GTS 250 anyway..
I already have a laptop but my dad's taking that one because he needs one so he's getting me a better one. :D

Yes... I has to be a laptop.

Well, I said I'm not going to use up the full potential of the GTS 250 anyway..
I already have a laptop but my dad's taking that one because he needs one so he's getting me a better one. :D

Yes... I has to be a laptop.

I missed that post.. my bad.

I'd say sell the cheaper one, but both seem to be priced fairly.

Which processor is better BTW?
Actually which computer is better discounting price?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom