Can anyone explain why....

Status
Not open for further replies.

LFCJohnSmith

In Runtime
I have a foxconn mobo, it is in fact a foxconn 45gm/45cm, but when you look for the mobo on the foxconn website it doesn't exist! There is a foxconn 45GM mobo and there is also a foxconn 45CM mobo, but not a Foxconn 45GM/45CM does anyone know why this maybe? I was thinking that maybe it is some sort of hybrid mobo that is means that the specs are both compatible with each other.

Can someone else please tell me if it would be possible to just upgrade my mobo and not have to replace anything else on my pc?

run cpuz to get your mb model.
CPUID

It will also tell us what cpu you have so we can advise you on a mb upgrade. Usually it is best to reinstall windows with a new mb.

It is saying it on SIS,and Ibelieve that it is also printed on the actual mobo as well.

Here is the CPUID screeen:

24m9eds.png

As far as I can tell 45gm/45cm is just series or family of motherboards.
The 45GM supports a FSB of 1066 / 800 / 533 and it has a Giga-bit LAN 10 / 100 / 1000

The 45CM supports a FSB of 800 / 533 and it has a standard 10 / 100 LAN

Edit: CPU-Z says you have a 945G chipset which ='s the 45GM. The 45CM has the 945GC chipset.

As far as I can tell 45gm/45cm is just series or family of motherboards.
The 45GM supports a FSB of 1066 / 800 / 533 and it has a Giga-bit LAN 10 / 100 / 1000

The 45CM supports a FSB of 800 / 533 and it has a standard 10 / 100 LAN

Edit: CPU-Z says you have a 945G chipset which ='s the 45GM. The 45CM has the 945GC chipset.

ithink I am going to put your name forward forthe Nobel prize in computing, because I have asked millions of people and i have looked around the internet for an explanation of that and you are the only person on this planet who knows the reason. So thank you you are officially a genius, and here is a gold star as well!:star::heart::grin:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom