motherboard replacement suggestions

Status
Not open for further replies.

311Homebrew

Solid State Member
i think i fried my motherboard so i need to get a new one... i'd kinda like to not spend a whole lot of loot on it... the board i fried was a soyo dragon KT600 Dragon Plus.. v.1.0...im curious if anyone knows a board that would be a good replacement... possibly even better, iv had some compatibility problems with this one.. im runnin a athlonXP 2600+ and i don't want integrated video...

dude u didnt fry ur mobo, and what is ur vid card... iv never seen 1 with aud in crap like that...
im telling u again, u didnt fry ur mobo...

and also i reset cmos and that didn't work... for real... iv tried like 20 different things and nothing works... what else could it be... it was working fine until i started messin with the audio on the card... i think i might have plugged something in backwards and maybe reversed the polarity and fried a circuit

dude ther are many ati aiw cards taht have 128 mb of ram. and there are NO cards with sounds output or inputs that i know of... none of the atis do.. the audio goes into the SOUND card.

yeah man there's no audio connection on a graphics card. Audio is all PCI Bus based information whether it's in the actual PCI slot or onboard. Here try this:

http://techist.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=17935

Try step number 5. That's what I'm having to do currently =/ It'll give you a better idea of what component is causing the problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom