Boot problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Skiller.

In Runtime
I have an intermittent boot issue with Windows 7. It happens the first time I attempt to power up - it seems like it's getting stuck on a blinking line in the upper left corner of the screen. What I do to get around the issue for now is simply reset and it boots up fine. Any insight would be greatly appreciated.

Skiller.

Maybe this isn't a windows issue and should be moved to hardware? There aren't any beeps or anything when it gets stuck.

Does it always start fine after restarting the system?

Almost sounds like it isn't passing the POST screen, but it doesn't give any errors... Could you run some hardware diagnostics on the system to ensure everything hardware-wise is running properly?

Yes it does. Now I'm wondering if it only happens when I turn the PSU off in the back of the tower. I don't allow the PSU enough time to power up before turning the computer back on??

That could be it. Maybe your CMOS battery is dead/dying? I can move it if you wish.

Now that I think of it, I'm pretty sure it only happens when I turn the tower off at the wall. I'll start leaving it on and see if I have any problems.

The only reason I turn the PSU off is because my mouse LEDs stay on even when I shut down the computer. If I found a fix for that, I wouldn't have to turn it off at the wall.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom