replaced mobo, still won't work, general questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Th3JourneyMan

Solid State Member
Hey, so a while ago my computer got fried. Long story short, I corrupted the BIOS. Well, I finally got around to buying a new mobo. I put in all the hardware except my video card, and when I turned the computer on, no postBios came up. The pwr LED on the mobo lights up, all the fans spin up, and I even get that Bios beep. However, either the computer doesn't output any video or the monitor doesn't pick it up.

The only thing I can think of is that I have Vista Ultimate loaded on the hard drive, because I didn't have a way to wipe the hard drive. So, should I take it to someone and have it wiped or do you guys think the issue lies elsewhere?

you said you put in all the hardware except the graphics card? Then put the graphics card in... If it is posting it shoudl be fine. unless the OS got messed up. In which case yes you shoudl take the drive out and hook it up to another pc and get everything off you want and wipe it.

if he does i would still try the card. maybe the onboard graphics are messed up.

Format the drive.... Because of the new mobo Windows still has the old drivers installed, that's why it won't boot. Use a disk like Hyren's Boot Disk to backup your data and then format the drive.

^ You can do a repair install, that will sort out all the driver problems. You will keep all your personal data safe.

Well yeah, if the video card drivers installed in Windows are not matching the hardware then you wont get the POST BIOS ( after the BIOS ) logo and Windows loading sign. Sometimes you will get it and then the computer will reboot itself.

The POST is before the BIOS.
POST is the motherboard testing if things are okay before it loads the BIOS.

As i stated above, you don't need a harddrive to POST, just you 3 basic parts, 4 including psu, so drivers are meaningless in this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom