Water Cooling Kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.
And finally -- Do I even have a legitimate reason to go with Water Cooling?

I'm running core i7 920 revision d0, I have X58 SLI LE motherboard.

I bought a coolermaster v8, but it's already too late to RMA it, and the fan is already going out and there is something wrong with it, as I'm idoling at around 44C.

I also wish to overclock up to 3.8 GHz or more, but hopefully staying within a safe limit. I figured I'd need water cooling for this.

And finally, I am building this for my senior project at school. It needs to be the coolest ever, and I figured this would be a really nice addition.

Are those good enough reasons, or anything I should think about other than those?

you really only need water cooling if you are going to be doing some extreme OC'ing, or want a more silent PC.

that kit i linked you to will easily give you headroom for 3.8... i have my i7 at 4.1ghz and temps are great; <60C load. as for staying in a safe limit, you dont really need watercooling. a lapped TRUE120 would probably be fine for up to around 4ghz

you are building the computer, or setting up the water cooling for you senior project? i think if you really want it, and are fine with spending $300 on it, go for it! :) but be warned... it is very addicting. i started with a $150 setup, and have now dumped around $400 (probably more) on water cooling, lol

you really only need water cooling if you are going to be doing some extreme OC'ing, or want a more silent PC.

that kit i linked you to will easily give you headroom for 3.8... i have my i7 at 4.1ghz and temps are great; <60C load. as for staying in a safe limit, you dont really need watercooling. a lapped TRUE120 would probably be fine for up to around 4ghz

you are building the computer, or setting up the water cooling for you senior project? i think if you really want it, and are fine with spending $300 on it, go for it! :) but be warned... it is very addicting. i started with a $150 setup, and have now dumped around $400 (probably more) on water cooling, lol

Ah, thanks so much for the info. Haha, I'm definitly going to think about it.

I learned how to build a computer for my senior project, and I see adding this will just let me learn more knowledge. So it's pretty awesome! And silent PC's are pretty nice too.

EDIT: When they do get the kits in stock, would I want the low, medium, or high fans? It would probably depend on noise again, but I thought I'd ask. Last question :D

Watercooling is going to give you more silence than anything else. My 920 is running at 4.4ghz on stock voltage so heat isnt really the issue. But my machine is pretty much dead silent.

stock voltage? thats crazy... ht off?

i havent even been able to get over 4.2 stable... :( i think my ram is limiting me

the kit i posted uses a T-line instead of a reservoir. acts the same as a reservoir, it gives a place to fill the loop and for air bubbles to find their way out. reservoirs just make the bleeding process (getting the air bubbles out) a bit faster.

edit: if you want to cool your NB/SB and GPU, you are easily going to break that $400 budget. i'd stick CPU only for now, you can upgrade later if you want

I tried a T-line and I had a bear of a time trying to get all the air out.. I can do a real half-butt job of bleeding, now, and that XSPC rez/pump top pulls all of the air out for me.. It's a fool proof system! 100% happy with it!

Thanks, Antec. I'll be sure to pick one of those up when the time comes. It seems worth it for only an extra 30 dollars.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom