SSDs

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yea, SSD prices aren't going anywhere. People have been saying prices will drop for months now and they haven't budged. Unless you find a good deal here and there, the prices are set. The demand right now is higher than ever and supply is still somewhat limited. This tells me that prices will not go down. Just get it now would be my suggestion.

Well I still have an OS drive. I had my two Raptor X's setup in a RAID 0 and one failed. It took me a while to figure out that the drive itself had failed and it wasn't an OS error. I reinstalled win7 on my remaining Raptor and am going to see what an RMA will get me. If that turns up hopeless then I will consider an SSD but $539 for a good size one is steep. I don't know if its worth $539 to me. I don't really want anything lower than 120GB so my option with the Intel ones is 160gb. Even an 80GB is $300. I'm not gonna wait for prices to drop. When they drop I might get one but I'm not going to save up for it or anything because I know it will be a while.

Yea, SSD prices aren't going anywhere. People have been saying prices will drop for months now and they haven't budged. Unless you find a good deal here and there, the prices are set. The demand right now is higher than ever and supply is still somewhat limited. This tells me that prices will not go down. Just get it now would be my suggestion.

SSD prices aren't going to drop until at least 2012
there is actually a surge of demand for NAND flash right now
with all the new phones needing with more memory and USB flash drives, memory cards etc

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom