RE: Compaq Presario 6000

Status
Not open for further replies.

Sven180

Beta member
RE: Compaq Presario 6000

Hi everyone!, well I'm new here so I don't know if anyone has posted this before and if someone has i apologize, so here's my question/issue i guess
I have an old Compaq Presario 6000 and i already upgraded to 2GB of RAM but i was wondering if how i can completely max out the computer in upgrades, and if i can get a better graphics card and better cpu, and any other good stuff that would make it not only a good gaming machine but a machine that will handle drawing and picture editing programs well
Thank you in advance for reading my post and for your replies

Re: Compaq Presario 6000

From what I have seen your computer uses AGP graphics and has a athalon 2200+ cpu.

You would be better served to save your cash for a new build rather than throwing any money at this one. Keep it for a internet/word processing machine.

Hi Sven180,

Well Seems like the machine is pretty old, having looked at your specs on the Internet.
Erm, I Would check out the Manufactures Website IE (HP), to check what's compatible with it.
But, i would reccommend just getting a new Motherboard, and start from scratch. But like what Hefemeister said, just save you cash and do a new Build :D

Hope this Helps Mate.

Jonathan

Ok thanks guys, also ummm what computer do you recommend based on price and performance?

well about 500 if possible, idk i just want it to handle what i said i wanted it to handle smoothly, and yes i am very comfortable building it myself

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom