Water Cooling Kits?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejjman1

Baseband Member
Well, as far as opinions, is this good for anything?

Swiftech H20-220 Apex Ultima Water Cooling Kit at Xoxide!

I have read guides on what I need, and I don't really see a reservoir in that kit. But I'm not quite sure. It might be that thing with two tubes coming out and clear, and would attach to a fill port?

As far as buying stuff individually, the prices look killer no matter what. And wondering if I could get away with a good product for 300.

I really don't want to add cooling to my GPU (GTX 295) as the faceplate that I have to buy is around $174, which is ridiculous.

And finally, I have a coolermaster HAF 932, which seems like plenty of room for the setup!

-Thanks

If you have a better setup, I have up to $400, but it's just so high :|. I also probably won't buy this until around march.

EDIT: And as far as cooling my northbridge, I think I'd have to spend even MORE money!

x58 sli LE

link to EVGA website I purchased from: http://www.evga.com/products/prodlist.asp?switch=4

Hence the posting! Thanks, I'll see if I can't get more ideas/reviews/suggestions.

The kit doesn't seem to have a reservoir. Maybe I just don't see it, or you don't need one.

the kit i posted uses a T-line instead of a reservoir. acts the same as a reservoir, it gives a place to fill the loop and for air bubbles to find their way out. reservoirs just make the bleeding process (getting the air bubbles out) a bit faster.

edit: if you want to cool your NB/SB and GPU, you are easily going to break that $400 budget. i'd stick CPU only for now, you can upgrade later if you want

OK, but then we are looking at whether reservoir or a t-line is better. If it bleeds the bubbles out faster I'd imagine the T line. But then again, there may be other reasons.

I also am wanting to know if I need anything else besides what is in that kit for the CPU? This includes more liquid, etc.

And finally -- Do I even have a legitimate reason to go with Water Cooling?

I'm running core i7 920 revision d0, I have X58 SLI LE motherboard.

I bought a coolermaster v8, but it's already too late to RMA it, and the fan is already going out and there is something wrong with it, as I'm idoling at around 44C.

I also wish to overclock up to 3.8 GHz or more, but hopefully staying within a safe limit. I figured I'd need water cooling for this.

And finally, I am building this for my senior project at school. It needs to be the coolest ever, and I figured this would be a really nice addition.

Are those good enough reasons, or anything I should think about other than those?

I can't really offer any advice on water cooling, but after reading this thread I had a question of my own. Is that 44c a temperature reading on an overclocked CPU already? I see people talking about this kind of temperature on stock CPUs alot, and it's kinda confusing me. I'm running the exact same motherboard with an i7 920 and my cpu sits right around 26c. This is in a Cooler Master Storm Scout case with completely stock cooling. I checked this after my computer had been on for a while, so maybe I'm just an idiot an it increases THAT much when I'm actually playing a game or something. It's just that every time I check it its right at 26-27c.

Does this mean my stock air flow is just that good? Would this benefit me when I start learning to overclock myself? or why would your CPU be at more than double the temperature if it isn't overclocked?

Sorry if I overstepped my boundaries >.< If I did let me know, so I can copy/paste this into a new thread before you delete it. Thanks!

Jay,

You might be looking at your CPU temp. Mine sits at 23C, but its the cores that you need to look at.

I'm sure that you should be fine because there is legitimately something wrong with mine. 30-37C seems like a fine idol temp for the cores.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom