What is with the 5970's on Newegg??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
Every once and awhile it changes what they have on there. 99.9% of the time they are out of stock and show 5 or 6 different ones. Then today they show one is in stock but there is only 3 to pick from! Why do they drop off and then show back up even though they are out of stock??

The one I was thinking about getting isn't on their site any more. I'm sure it will be back but it's just odd...

Edit: Also what is deal with these things getting such bad reviews? So many DOA's on there! I'm nervous about even getting one. The 5870 seem much more stable according to reviews.

You should get a 5870 dude. I think ATi will release more BA cards down the road, and you don't want to be stuck with their insanely expensive dual GPU. Plus, if you REALLY want more power down the road, pick up another 5870 for CF...that would be beastly.

Yeah i was leaning that way but every day I check I always take a look at the 5970's to see if any are in. It's odd how they had 5 or 6 different ones and now they have 3!

Upgrading is addicting....I think hmm ok just get the 5870. Then I start thinking maybe I should just sell my rig and build a new one from scratch and get all new stuff! I need to fight that urge and just get a new gpu!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom