Status
Not open for further replies.

digadaga

Beta member
help, not sure if this is normal performance for GTS 250 SLI

3dmark06:
Dual
Single

It seems to be pretty low for two GTS 250's, and the improvement over single is really tiny. Is there a bottleneck somewhere in my configuration THAT bad? Also, there are two bridges on my cards, which bridge am i supposed to use?

NOTE:
-Power supply is Corsair TX850W
-Both cards are MSI N250GTS TwinFrozr 1G OC GeForce GTS 250 1GB 256-bit DDR3
-Both cards are detected by Windows 7 and SLI is enabled in NVIDIA Control Panel
-I used the bridge closest to the video outputs

Somethings wrong with the Futuremark site as your links won't load. How about posting a couple screenshots instead :D

yeah sli is setup, i even tried the different sli frame rendering modes--no difference.

my motherboard's chipset says nforce4 in CPU-Z. on the box it says nforce560. i guess i'll just write off the problem as an inferior mobo and cpu. nevertheless, i still would think i'd get SOME kind of improvement, but in-game (left 4 dead 2, dragon age) the performance is either the same or even WORSE in some cases.

Wow, dude that's not cool. Sorry about the issue. I agree with you that it 's the mobo, so long as your sli bridge is functioning, if you have an extra, switch out to make sure. The reason I say this is because I got shipped a defective sli bridge and had the same performance problems, because of bandwidth usage between the PCI bus. I switched to another sli bridge and voila, scores went up to normal.

Maybe because your motherboard only supports (8x/8x Sli). (I think all nforce560 are) So you end up losing bandwidth on the first card which is not ideal for SLi setups.

Maybe because your motherboard only supports (8x/8x Sli). (I think all nforce560 are) So you end up losing bandwidth on the first card which is not ideal for SLi setups.

I doubt very seriously that is causing his problems, as very few cards are actually bottlenecked by PCI-E 2.0 8X
The only one I can really think of showing any difference would be cards as high as the 5870 and higher, or dual PCB cards.
It's more likely that it would be his CPU/Mobo doing the bottleneck, or a bad SLI bridge.

It's the X2 5000 that's really holding him back. With a single 9800GTX and my q9300 I could hit about 16k in 3dm06.

orihS ‪‪‪Shiro;1780531 said:
I doubt very seriously that is causing his problems, as very few cards are actually bottlenecked by PCI-E 2.0 8X
The only one I can really think of showing any difference would be cards as high as the 5870 and higher, or dual PCB cards.
It's more likely that it would be his CPU/Mobo doing the bottleneck, or a bad SLI bridge.
Dont forget this is pci-e 1.0 a lot less bandwidth then 2.0. I would say this could be your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom