Won't detect full HDD size + No audio

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zacki

Solid State Member
Hey guys.

As the title says, my newly built system won't detect the full HDD size. My HDD is 500GB SATA2 from... I forgot. Anyways, it only detects 127GB. The blue screen when you do the OS installation says 127xxxMB unpartitioned space. Even after the OS installation it still says 127GB. I'm pretty sure I did the cable work correctly. Does anyone know what might be causing it?

Now here's the second problem... I have no sound. No audio hardware is installed even though I installed everything that came in the mobo CD.

My system is:
Antec 300
Corsair TX650
Asus M4A77TD PRO
Phenom II x4 945
XFX HD4890
Corsair 1333MHz DDR3 XMS3
*** 500GB SATA2 7200RPM HDD
Some DVD burner.

I'm pretty sure the mobo has onboard audio(card) because the box says 7.1 ch audio and there is the audio panel backside.

If anybody could help me I'd be thankful.

Hey and thanks for your answer.

I tried downloading the audio thing, the new version. Downloaded and tried installing but got this message: "We can't find HD audio device" Then the installation just quit.

Here's a SS: http://img686.imageshack.us/img686/5784/21165444.png

Sorry for doublepost but I can't edit yet cause the last post isn't approved yet. When I first turned on the system I went to the blue screen thing with DEL, but didn't really do much apart from the time settings... Is anything else needed?

EDIT: (approve my last post? :p Contains a link to an imageshack image.)

I just did it, it said something like HD audio controller enabled. I'll show you pics of it very soon, just waiting for my SP2 installation to finish.

Everything solved. Just upgraded to Win7 and it detected the 500GB HDD and the audio has no problem at all. Thank you very much anyway for the quick and great support. This is my favorite "tech site" :p

Well that is the easy (and smart) way out. Now put xp back on and lets get in working. ;)

Win7 is vastly superior. Nice call.

I had something happen like that to me on my gigabyte mobo on Windows 7. You could possibly try the install cd again and if that doesn't work you could get drivers from online. I had to do that for a couple things like my gtx 285.

Sometimes the cd's aren't compatible with the newest. Especially Windows 7.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom