Choppers Mod 2.0

Status
Not open for further replies.

j-dogg

Solid State Member
Hi all, F'in new guy here been hacking up computer cases for a while this is my latest project, Choppers Mod 2.0, I made the mistake of bondoing the window into 1.0 and cracked it while working on it so this is the 2nd rev. It's bigger and holds wayyyyy more stuff than 1.0 did anyway.

best of all, NO BONDO!!!

anyway pics

1092.png

1093.png

1094.png

1095.png

2919.png

2920.png

2921.png

Picture009.jpg

DSCF0197.jpg

cut off wheels after.....RIP

DSCF0206.jpg

finishing the blow hole

DSCF0208.jpg

trap door :O

DSCF0209.jpg

DSCF0210.jpg

Blow hole is done.

DSCF0213.jpg

Edges are smoothed but my grinder bit is wearing out so I think tomorrow I'll go buy some more and finish grinding these cuts into a nice smooth silky ummmm.....thing. Because I gotta let these college kids at the next LAN know that their pre-mod crap sucks sweaty hairy donkey balls.

An idea I got while cutting this is a windowed HDD in that top 3.5" bay.....I was originally going to go with a card reader but I remembered the Raptor 36gb and 73gb SATA drives with windows in them out of the factory so that is a possibility. The only issue with this is that the 3 1/2" bay in this case is slightly offset and not center.

DSCF0212.jpg

Pretty much done for the night......will probably work on it more tomorrow. Need to source a hole saw for the top fans and my drill and drill bits from work on Tuesday.

Thanks for the work log. I split your post up into three as we have an image limit per post (I think it is 10 images). I also fixed your BBCode as some were links instead of images. ;)

What might clean up your edges, is the edging the slips in over your cuts.

The cross looks good, but you can see that it was cut with a wheel.

I forget the exact name of ther stuff, but you can get it at mod shops.

Oh, looks good.

yep you can still see it was cut with a wheel, but I'm getting this whole setup powdercoated and might chrome the interior, I'm not sure yet.

After it's all said and done though it shouldn't be all that noticeable, I still have some sanding and grinding to do to all the cuts before final teardown and spray. The only fear I have is the front because it is plastic so it will be a little difficult to match to the powdercoat if I use a non-neutral color (black or white)

I might just PC the frame and spray the case itself for the sake of matching the front panel.

Whatever happens it will be my best work to date.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom