Building a Gaming Computer

Status
Not open for further replies.

NavyCD

Beta member
Ok, here's the deal. I'm having a Computer built for me for 1k. Here is the list.....Where should I upgrade ANY of the components for Gaming use....Thank you

Intel DX58S0 MB
INTEL 920 CPU
3 GB 1333 Ram
1TB HD
600 Watt P/S
Enlight Case
MSF Windows 7 (32) Pro
DVD Combo DL-RW
-----------------------------------------------------
GeForce GTS 250
1024MB DDR3 Memory
PCI-E 2.0 x16
756Mhz GPU Clock Speed
2200Mhz Memory Clock Speed
NVIDIA SLI ready
DirectX 10/OpenGL 3.0

The guy building my computer wants to stay WIN 7 32 bit. Why, I really don't understand. The Video Card that I'm looking at right now is the GeForce GTS 250 which I think is WAY underpowered as a Video Card. What do you suggest???

Makes absolutely no sense to go with 32bit win7. Even with 3gb of ram and a 1gb gpu you will loose 0.5 gb of ram with a 32bit OS.

Not to mention you really want 6gb of ram with a i7 gaming rig.

Look at a 4870 for a nice gpu upgrade.

Not a big fan of the intel motherboards at all. If possible get a asus, evga or biostar.

The GTS 250 is basically a revamp of the 9800 GTX+ and not what you want or need in a gaming rig. Who builds a Corvette and then puts 13" temporary tires on it?

You want 64-bit Win7. Tell the idiot who supposedly knows what he id doing to shut up and build what you tell him to build. :D I've seen way too many of those guys who ask what you want and then either build what they want or use whatever parts they have they want rid of.

And, yes, 6GB with the 64-bit. The 1366 i7's use tri-channel memory, so you want three sticks of 2GB in it.

The GTS 250 is basically a revamp of the 9800 GTX+ and not what you want or need in a gaming rig. Who builds a Corvette and then puts 13" temporary tires on it?

Nice analogy, Trotter! :grin:

Yes, you would want x64 Win 7, as aforementioned

Makes absolutely no sense to go with 32bit win7. Even with 3gb of ram and a 1gb gpu you will loose 0.5 gb of ram with a 32bit OS.

Not to mention you really want 6gb of ram with a i7 gaming rig.

Look at a 4870 for a nice gpu upgrade.

Not a big fan of the intel motherboards at all. If possible get a asus, evga or biostar.

I agree with this 100%

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom