foot in my mouth (ASUS 6800)

Status
Not open for further replies.

ohGrFreak

ID.10T
Hello all, as most of you know, I love ASUS and I have hyped the ASUS's 6800 gamer's edition v9999. It comes with 256 DDR3 @ 1ghz, the chip runs at a good speed, it was said by ASUS that the card has a 25% speed advantage over comparable 6800 cards. I was looking though my Nov issue of Maximum PC and realized that I could have had a GT for the same price (kicks myself in the buttocks). Also the review of the ASUS card was 6 out of 10, very low score for a video card to get, while the same priced GT got a 9 out of 10.

So, I now stand corrected and will admit that the GT is now the best card for the buck.

Peace,
Matthew

Same way with the X800 Pro....although it owns your version of the 6800. The Saphire Toxic X800 Pro, which is probably the best make out there, only got a 6 out of 10 in Maximum PC.

how much did u pay ur 6800?
is 379 for 6800gt good, cuz thats what ima pay for it if i decide to upgrade

Well all I got from my builder was a total for the computer. The card was also in a bundle with the mobo and the memory and totalled together, so I didn't even ask for a rundown. I assume the card would have been near 400 bucks if bought seperately. The 379 bucks for a GT sounds like a pretty good deal.

yea, man 400$, well i guess its normal from a store tho, hehe.

Its still a damn good card tho

eVGA or BFG are the brands of choice for a 6800. the Asus card is supposed to be better than the normal cards, but somehow I doubt that. I might go and check some benchmarks later.
the X800 pro is a good card, although it gets owned by the 6800 GT, it beats the vanilla.
if you get any 6800 with 256MB GDDR3, it can be softmodded to an ultra
the X800 pro can also be softmodded to an XT PE, and get 16 pipelines instead of 12

what I like about the 6800 GT is:
smartshader 3.0
it's performance before overclocking
it's overclockability
it's price

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom