Windows XP Home...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EbonHawk

Baseband Member
Well, I just reformated my computer, got everything completed, and was going to activate Windows, but to find out it says I've used it to much?! I've only used it on this computer, about three times for a reinstallation, and it says I need to purchase a brand new key! Is there anyway I can get around this, or possibly contact them, not via phone, as I am young, and parents no nothing about computers? Please help! I'm desperate!

lol, you can thank microsoft for this! well i am sorry, but i bleeive u need to repurchase windows xp. You can try sending an email to them. There is an alternative method, but it isnt apropriate for these forums. You can find out how to do so, just google

oh, i didnt know that, hehe, all i know is that iv seen like 5 guys try calling to get a new key, but they refused. how could they give u 1? how can they know its legit? and not some1 trying to get a key for a windows they dled? oh well. if it works, i guess thts cool

if you copy your WPA.DBL (Windows System 32 folder) file to cd before you reformat and then copy it back to it's regular folder, it suppose to not have you activate again.

However i recommend getting norton ghost and make a backup image of your system

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom