Sata 3.0 not getting any good speeds?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gothch1ck

Daemon Poster
Ok so I finally use my DVD Burner... and ... I don't understand.

I needed to make a backup (going from RC of windows 7 to full version finally) and so I just wanted to put some stuff on CD/dvd and then format/reload, etc.

So i get everything I want together...and move it to the DVD drive.. and the rates are 2.5MB /sec max.

But it's SATA 3.0 connection... why are my speeds so slow? 2.5mb isn't anywhere close to what I was expecting - and - to boot, my USB is much faster at around 11.2MB/sec transfers...

so...what's the deal? (also.. what's the fastest USB I can get ahold of in roughly 4+GB sizes? I may say Eff this DVD stuff)

What's the max write speed of the drive?
While that is a little lower than it should be, it's about right; read speeds on DVDs are about 15MB/s, I believe write speeds are about half of that (though my figures might be a little out of date.

Also, what program are you using to write the stuff to the DVD?

Program? nothing, just windows 7 standard.

don't remember write speed off top of my head.... I'll look it up real quick

DVD+R: 22X
DVD+RW: 8X
DVD-R: 22X
DVD-RW: 6X

If that's the case on "typical" eff this DVD thing. CDrom/DVD rom is for Input only, flash drives were what I were using, but only 512mb and 1-2GB - I'll just step up to 200x speed 8-16GB flash drives and say "done" with that. Lol.

USB stick sounds like a good idea ;) Make sure to get 200x read and 80x write (30MB/s and 12MB/s respectively).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom