evga 680i squeals with quad core

Status
Not open for further replies.

Burn

Fully Optimized
So I picked up a evga 680i from a buddy of mine a little while ago and it has been loads of fail so far. Here's my situation:

Mobo worked fine with e2200 (unless overclocked, then it would squeal on load)
Then I dropped my qx6700 in it and it squeals no matter what. Idle it's not too loud, but 100% load is HORRENDOUS.

I have no idea what the problem is. Flashed to latest bios, tried 2 PSU's, 2 sets of RAM, and unplugging everything not needed to POST. Still squeals.

RIght now I've swapped motherboards with my mom (she has a dual core so it doesn't squeal) for a P5N-E, it's working so far but I'd like to overclock the qx6700 and this mobo sucks pretty bad for OC'ing quads.

help?

Actually, its most likey the capacitors on the board not liking the extra power running through them.

Gpus do it alot when folding too.

Theres nothing you can do about it, other than trying to keep your Volts down as low as you can.

Actually, its most likey the capacitors on the board not liking the extra power running through them.

Theres nothing you can do about it, other than trying to keep your Volts down as low as you can.

This..

I'd say try to undervolt your CPU a little until it's stable and not squealing or just leave it be.

Ahhh the annoying sound of power regulation. You could try putting some glue (or some other non-conductive stuff) around some of the capacitors, I have heard that will do the trick but haven't tried it myself (haven't had the need).

Ahhh the annoying sound of power regulation. You could try putting some glue (or some other non-conductive stuff) around some of the capacitors, I have heard that will do the trick but haven't tried it myself (haven't had the need).

thats what i was thinking.. and hoping it wasnt..

which caps should i try gluing? ill probably put some glue around the row of caps closest to the cpu first and see if that does anything
Untitled-3.png

What I'd do is run it out of the case, and try to hear where its coming from.. That should narrow it down some what.

If you have a stethoscope that[d be even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom