Dell Inspiron 1525 freezing

Status
Not open for further replies.

majorjim

Beta member
Hey guys I hope you can help me because Dell Say They can help me only if I pay them £70! As it is apparently a software problem. Basically whats happening is the machine will boot and only occasionaly get to the desktop as it sometimes wont even do that. But once there I cannot open any programs or files. It just freezes when I double click. So I have to shut it down by holding the power button. When it restarts it runs a checkdisk diagnostic. And if I just leave it frozen it blue screens then restarts. Any ideas what could be going on?

Using Vista home premium. It only BSOD once and i dont remember what it said. The main thing is being on the desktop and not being able to click any icons or even launch the start menu.

try a startup repair first.
How to automatically repair Windows Vista using Startup Repair

can you get into safe mode? If so and the startup repair does not work try a run through the spyware guide.
http://www.techist.com/forums/f51/spyware-asylum-osiris-updated-12-13-2009-a-165828/

I cant even do a start-up repair. Every time the machine is switched on it says that it failed to shutdown properly and do I want to start in safe mode or normal startup. Even with the vista dvd in the drive when I press normal it just starts. How can i get it to boot from the dvd?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom