Has anyone ever taken a LCD Monitor apart? Difficult?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chad711

Daemon Poster
I've decided I no longer like this burnt orange look my Acer G24 monitor has. The front frame that goes around it is the orange part I am referring to. I'd like to remove this and paint it black like my TV and other monitor in the computer room are.

Has anyone done something like this?

Reference:

24-009-155-S13

I would just tape the screen and paint the frame of the monitor (slowly with many coats to ensure that paint doesn't drip into the inside components.)

I took a dead one apart once, does that mean anything? lol

Yeah, just cover the screen very well, and spray away, many coats as Lex said.

I have taken mostly dell screens apart, the actual matrix of crystals and wires are encased in a metal housing, but most LCD screens, the front just literaly pops off, be carefull, also, there is a chance your front is held on by some small screws on the back side...

I would advise against taping the screen with anything, as you may not get perfectly even lines, and cutting painters tape on the screen would be a bad idea, even cutting it on a board would prove difficult if you want the edges to all be perfect....

Yeah I wouldn't dare cover up the screen and just paint. Way to risky and this thing wasn't cheap. I will take a look at it and see what I can do.

Thanks

This model only comes with this look. I wanted it for the high contrast ratio. Also, I got it last year for xmas so it's not on Newegg any more.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom