Suggestions for IE accelerators

Status
Not open for further replies.

office politics

It's all just 1s and 0s
Hey, I have a crazy idea.

Lately, I've trying to think up ideas for IE accelerators for TF.

Quote Text comes to mind. If I'm looking up info on a site other than TF and I'm going to create a new thread, an accelerator could transfer the copied text to a new page which is setup to post a new thread. The new page will need a way to specify which forum to post in.

Forum Search. I found this idea on codeguru.com. A visitor highlights text. Then, activates the forum search accelerator and it preps the search page by transfering the highlighted text to the keyword box.

http://www.codeguru.com/csharp/csharp/cs_network/internetweb/article.php/c16133/

I think both ideas are good. IE8 has the option for these items might as well use them. I am sure that if you can develop them or get help developing them that many out there will greatly appreciate it. Myself included!

my understanding of accelerators so far is this.

there's a xml containing the client config for the accelerator. it sets information such as name, description, which url to post the data to.

highlighted text is posted (similar to html forms) to a url that accepts the input.

so from ya'lls side, i think it would be feasible to make a copy of the pages to make accelerator for and modify to accept the input. a xml file will need to be configured for each accelerator.

Well we dont have a test site to try this out on. Will talk to the man in charge to see what he says.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom