HP Laptop Dead... Help GREATLY Appreciated!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ya it is overpriced but not by much. For mainboards it is pretty common for the repairs to cost around 200 plus labor. I would probably charge upwards of around 300 for that.

Since this is a mainboard issue you probably want it done right, and while pricey HP knows their stuff and will repair the PC correctly.

The only o ther option would be to purchase a used laptop for around 300, but you still need your data and software off the computer.

If you are sending it in try to backup the hard drive if possible, as HP and Dell have a nasty tendency to format the hard drive when doing repairs.

That is the laptop. I believe you are all correct. While the laptop LOOKS in mint condition and I hate to trash anything (I have monitors and computer cases older than my daughter... not to mention a TI 99/4A laying around.), I cannot see getting this repaired for anything less than what HP wants.

My daughter is not having fits over lost data, so I am guessing even that is not worth worrying about. I will likely open it up completely, have one last look myself, then put it back together and try to sell it for parts minus the hard drive.

Thanks to you guys for all the help! You have been great, A Happy New Year to y'all... I hope 2010 is good to you!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom