HOT GPU?

Status
Not open for further replies.

smitysmit

Baseband Member
Ok i have a low end gpu and it has a heatsink instead of a fan and while playing crysis it gets to 80-90 degreese celcius are heatsink gpu's suppose to be this hot (as i overclocked it). also what will happen if it gets too hot will it just be the graphics card that doent work or perform as good as it should, and will some of the other components get damaged by this overheating?

If the graphics card is running too hot, you'll see artifacts on your screen while gaming (they look like discolored dots) or you'll see discolored lines, sometimes the GPU will just crash, or just go out.

It'd be best to tell us which GPU have, because different GPU's run ideally at different temperatures.

If the graphics card is running too hot, you'll see artifacts on your screen while gaming (they look like discolored dots) or you'll see discolored lines, sometimes the GPU will just crash, or just go out.

It'd be best to tell us which GPU have, because different GPU's run ideally at different temperatures.
it is ATI HD 4350 i will be upgrading to nvidia gt240 but to get the gt240 i will also need a psu upgrade.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom