5700 256MB or 9800 128MB

Status
Not open for further replies.
I just did a 3dMark 03 test and get a score of 3155(low) but if you look at the pics in my sig at my 3dMark 03 score I get 1514. This doesn't make any sence to me because at the time I took that screenshot my comp was at 3.207GhZ and my 9800 was at 355/313 (big improvement from stock). While my rig was running at those speeds i had it next to my AC to cool it off and it idled around 3-8C. How did I get a better score with my comp at 3.1Ghz and 325/277(stock) than with it at higher speeds? Does it have to do with stability?

REALLY? I could have saved a hundred bucks and gotten the 9600Pro(I Think XT would be better to oc w/). Where were you when I bought that?

ag3 said:
Yep! The Radeon 9800 PRO will cut up any of the 5xxx series. And that is without any modifications.

wouldn't say that.. the ultra comes very close to this card, obviously you can run higher res graphics and the pro will beat the ultra, but otherwise, in almost any case in 1024x786, the ultra will beat the pro. So no, the pro will not cut up any of the 5x00 series from nvidia

Well I feel stupid... Iswitched the cards and then after installing it I find out that its not a 5700. It's a FX 5600XT 256MB.Even though It wasn't the one I thought it was I tested it. The Score? If I were to tell you I would be embarrassed for the rest of my life.

Dont worry about it. Benchmarks arent everything. As long as your games look good and they dont glitch or lag then everything should be fine.

Dont worry about it. Benchmarks arent everything. As long as your games look good and they dont glitch or lag then everything should be fine.
Basically. Benchmarks insanely stress your components. I got a FX 5700 256mb card and I can run doom fairly well. High settings, 800x600 resolution, no AA or AF though :p But I haven't gotten to try out doom now that I have an OC'd processor and my PC3200 RAM allowed to run at it's full capacity. It had been underclocked to PC2100! All in all you still got a pretty good card and the 6600 should be coming out fairly soon and I believe will be released for $199 and that should perform quite well.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom