2 Pin fan when Mobo Supports 3/4 Pin

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vazvalaloo

Solid State Member
So, I just got my new case, and I discovered that the two fans that came with it both have 2 pin connectors, but my motherboard only has 3 and 4 pin fan connections. It's strange though, because the fans' connectors look as if they should have 3 pins, because they actually have the 3 pin plug, but there are only 2 visible pins, and only 2 wires connected (not including the third one for the molex adapter). Is it ok to just plug the 2 pin connectors into the 3 pins slots, or should I go out and buy some 3/4 pin fans?

There should be a fitted slot on the fan connector, where when you connect it to the motherboard it only goes in one way.

Its ok that not all pins will be used, if after connecting the fan they don't turn on with the computer, try connect them another way.

Though I think youll see how it goes when you try, don't force it, should slide into a plastic piece.

No such thing as a 2 pin fan. What you have is a 3-Pin fan without the RPM sensor. The connector, from what you said, seems to be a 3-pin connector with 2 wires. That's just fine, most cheap case fans are like that.

No such thing as a 2 pin fan.

0615_MED.jpg

It's not quite like the one in Muffin Man's picture. It actually has the 3 pin connector, but only has 2 pins. Thanks for the feedback, guys.

No such thing as a 2 pin fan. What you have is a 3-Pin fan without the RPM sensor. The connector, from what you said, seems to be a 3-pin connector with 2 wires. That's just fine, most cheap case fans are like that.

Motherboard chip set fans are 2 pin.
I have seem some Dell Case Fans that are 2 pin too.

Just like what Muffin Man is posting.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom