Factory reset vs. recovery disc

Status
Not open for further replies.

deathville

In Runtime
What's the difference between a Factory Reset and system recovery discs? I came across my computers discs and got me thinking "What's the point of the disks if a factory reset option exists?"

If you mean a factory reset by formatting from the recovery partition... They're the same thing. If your recovery partition were to get deleted or corrpted, you would still have the discs to use.

If you mean a factory reset by formatting from the recovery partition... They're the same thing. If your recovery partition were to get deleted or corrpted, you would still have the discs to use.

So for a computer that's been messed up so much that its better to start fresh, should I use the discs or conduct a factory reset?

Using the recovery partition (factory reset) would be faster than using the discs. Usually nothing touches the recovery partition since it's protected.

Using the recovery partition (factory reset) would be faster than using the discs. Usually nothing touches the recovery partition since it's protected.

Yeah the computer has 15 discs. It would be tedious to go through each and every one :p

When you factory reset, does it still have all the valid and updated windows files?

Do you have the recovery partition?

If you do, then there should be an option to access it when you boot up your PC on the splash screen that says "Compaq"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom