Budget Gaming PC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tim

Sir Timothy
Ok, im looking to upgrade my pc :)

Looking for a new mobo, cpu, some more ram and a 22" monitor
I can't decide between Intel or AMD as i don't know enough about the benefits of different types of cpu's

So, i'm looking for something that can be upgraded in the future (not a chip that will be obsolete by next year ;) )

I've been looking at AM3 motherboards... and some use DDR2 and some use DDR3 RAM, which has got me a tad confused. Obviously if i can reuse my current ram that great. But if not, so be it :p

I've currently got a Jeantech Titan case and an Antec Basiq 500W PSU. Will that be powerful enough...?

I've look at this as a monitor. Thoughts, better ideas appreciated.

My budget is anywhere between 250 and 350 for the spu, mobo and ram. Obviously the cheaper the better, as it would allow me to look harder at the monitor :)
Obviously if i need a new psu or case, i'll have to take that into account

Could any suggestions be either linked from Computer Supplies and PC Components from Novatech or Cheap Laptops, Hard Drives, LCD Monitors, TVs, Televisions, Netbooks and more at Ebuyer.com

Thanks very much :)

Tim

Your Antec PSU should be plenty for that, so no need for the Corsair. If you just want it you should be able to sell the Antec fairly easily in the BST forum.

Take the extra and go for something like this:
SM-2450H Samsung Lavender SM-2450H 24" Widescreen LCD Monitor - Glossy Black 16:9, 1920x1080 Resolution , 2MS Response Time, 70,000:1 Contrast Ratio, HDMI, DVI-D and VGA Inputs, 3yr On-site Warranty. : novatech.co.uk

:facepalm: Already bought em :p

I'm selling my whole pc to my Dad though. Makes everything a bit easier...

I ended up buying a Hanns-G 24" screen, very happy with it :)

I'll post pics once all of the parts have arrived :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom