Suggestion: Pinned LCD Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

MindoverMaster

Golden Master
I read through all the specs in that thread, and a good thread it is. But one thing I didn't see. LCD Manufacturers. What are good/bad, what are mid-range/high-range

That PSU Guide tells you well who to trust, and who not to trust.

Can you do the same for monitors?

Monitors is more of a personal preference. As one brand may have more darks that people like while others may not. Some may praise a specifc brand while others dont. There is no way to easily and efficiently rate monitors as no 2 companies rate the same way with their specs.

Well monitors it is tougher cause you never know how they measure their contrast ratio, grey to grey scale and so on. 1 monitor can have a 6,000:1 contrast ratio but actually be worse than a monitor that says it is only 3000:1 due to how each company interprets the contrast ratio facts.

This also is tough to do considering the wide amount of monitors out there, different screen sizes, different screen resolutions and so on. There is no way for us to write up a clear cut guide on which monitors are the best when there is no way we have physically used them all or cant test them all accurately.

With power supplies it isnt that hard. There are more places that have done reviews, tests and benchmarks with them. Monitors it is hit or miss if you can even find a review about the product let alone get some real information about what the product offers. I mean screen shots are pointless cause you are viewing them on your monitor so you wont see what they see.

Then comes in response times. Some people can live with 5ms just fine. Others swear by 2ms. Some dont even go that low and live with 8ms or more. So as you see there is so much more to take into account when it comes to monitors than it does for PSU's as those you just need power requirements and amount of rails basically. With monitors you have to have so much more information about what the end user wants and likes that it is impossible to write up a cover all guide for everyone.

I think it really comes down to preference as well, if you look into monitors you really have to enjoy the whole thing. Only so many companies make the actual LCD panels, and it is up to the manufacturer to build the rest including bezels and what panels to actually implement.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom