advice on netbook for talkingdesktop & dragon

Status
Not open for further replies.

wynne

Beta member
Hi-I do voice control and dictation on my dell laptop (vista) with TalkingDesktop software & Dragon speech
I really want to get a netbook but it has to be able to run speech recognition hopefully almost as well.
I need some actual experience from people who have used speech on a netbook (windows 7) and specifically which netbook worked ok.

Right now I can talk to my laptop with my headset and I want to do the same thing with a netbook. I have heard netbooks lag during speech but I have no way to test this before i buy.

Can someone help, thanks

You may be hard-pressed to find someone that has tested this out on these forums. Your best hope would be that TalkingDesktop & Dragon Speech are free, and the people on this site with netbooks would be willing to try it for you.

The other option (if this is free software) would be to install the software on a netbook model you are wanting. Seriously, go to best buy or a local PC shop and tell them that they have your business IF this software works (test on a model they have on the floor). If you approach it the right way you'd be suprised what they would allow you to try before a purchase.

Thanks Lexluethar &Yamikotai - I do not think they are free but I will see what i can find.
I like the idea of someone on the forum trying the software on their netbook, good idea.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom