Do I need drivers for a p55 mobo in windows 7?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the reply!

I installed everything and i pretty much didn't need them, but installed them anyway.

However, For some reason, my computer will only read 1.99GB of RAM instead of 4, and I don't know why.

yeah, it can read both sticks, and yes, it's windows 7 64 bit.

I'm going to go to the store tonight after work and exchange the 2x2GB sticks for a single 4GB. I'd rather have 4GB than 2GB running in dual channel.

I think if I have a single stick, and put it in one of the main DIMMs than it will work, because from all the reading i've done, it seems like the only people having trouble with it are people running in dual channel.

but it seems to be the problem with a HUGE number of P55 boards, and I have no clue why this isnt getting fixed either.

Everything checks out, i tried reseating, i used different dimms, the ram is listed as compatible, sucks that this is a problem that's especially prevalent for the i5-750/P55 boards. and thing is, it doesn't matter WHO makes the board either. :(

Yeah it has something to do with the chipset and the processor, wish there was an easy fix but it usually requires the board to be RMAed or the ram to be as well. Might want to try to reseat the CPU as well, that sometimes work. Try clearing CMOS as well and take out the BIOS battery as well.

FIXED IT!!

So I ran through everything AGAIN.

Reseated the CPU, Cleared the CMOS, already flashed the BIOS, I reseated the RAM, underclocked it to see if that was the problem, Changed the Memory remapping, nothing changed.

But that I though, "what if I took it out of dual channel?"

so I put both stick instead of in the dual channel slots, just put them in slots 1 and 2. Rebooted.

BOOM. 4GB of RAM.

So I think for the most part, i've isolated the problem, and it seems to be the P55 chipset, or the memory controller on the i5's, OR a combination of the i5's and the P55 have problems with dual channel and will only allocate half of it. Running in single channel seems to make it a moot point.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom