Who uses OC Programs and Who uses the BIOS??

Do you use the BIOS or a program??

• BIOS OC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Program OC

• What's OC??

• What the heck is BIOS??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I really couldn't tell you how many sets I did, but I did work on it for almost 2 days (with numerous breaks). I started with 400 grit paper and I sanded it until the base was almost flat, or until the curvature was almost eliminated. Then I switched to 800 grit and sanded until the base was flat. Then I polished it with 1000, 1500 and finally 2000 grit paper.

When I lapped the cpu I skipped the 400 grit all together. I started with 800 grit and sanded until about 80-85% of the IHS surface was making complete contact with the paper. Then I switched to 1000 grit until the IHS surface was completely flat. Then I polished it with 1500 and 2000 grit. The cpu only took a couple of hours.

ok, sounds good. Thanks.
I don't think im gonna lap the cpu...dont want to risk it....even the true im not sure if im going to still...

What items in the CMOS setup do you have disabled which are normally enabled?

Intel SpeedStep - Disabled
CxE Function - Disabled
Execute Disable Bit - Disabled
Virtualization Technology - Disabled
TI 1394 - Disabled (firewire)
JMB362 SATA Controller - Disabled (I don't need all 10 SATA ports)
Second Boot Device - Disabled
Third Boot Device - Disabled
Boot Other Device - Disabled
Full Screen LOGO Show - Disabled

I think that covers it. You asked this question in The Intel Overclocking Thread, but that thread is now closed?

even the true im not sure if im going to still...

Without lapping it the True isn't that good of a heatsink. I don't care what review was written by whomever that says otherwise.

that was a big wtf lol...drove over to my nearest home hardware and the highest grit they have is 320....lol, gonna have to go to home depot or something for it i think. Didn't really feel like going to it tongit though ,since it is a decent drive.

Turbo Boost - Enabled
HT - Enabled (Hyper-Threading)

When you start overclocking all the different Turbo Modes go out the window. But it does raise your Multiplier by 1. I'm running at 201 x 20 with Turbo Mode.

cpuzm.jpg

Edit:
Go to a Auto Parts Store for high grit sandpaper

Hrmm.

It would be interesting to see what effect disabling turbo boost has on things like 3dmark and vantage mark.

Or even linx and super PI..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom