new monitor, new problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

soulofadra6on

Baseband Member
got a new monitor..an HP 2509m...it's a 25 inch HD monitor...upgrading from using my 32 inch 720p hdtv. smaller size but MUCh better resolution and supports 1080p!!

anyway i set the monitor to 1920x1080 and i notice there's about 3/4 inch black border on all sides...how do i get rid of it? sucks paying that little bit extra for a 25 inch when it cuts down to a 23 inch

i have an ATI HD4850 video card..i dont know if that helps

it does, but it doesnt do anything

i tried to manually change the screen size using the monitor's menu but it's greyed out when im in 1920x1080 resolution.

I had the same problem on my HP monitor. then I found something in my video card setting where I can adjust it. I wish I could tell you details, but I can't remember at all what I did. But there is a way? Something about forcing it...I think. :)

i opened a program called catalyst control center which is where you can make changes and what not..but wasnt able to find any settings to maximize the windowed screen any further..and i right clicked on the desktop but wasnt able to adjust it any further that way.

i need to contact ATI and see if the HD4850 can even support 1920x1080 on a 25" monitor

The 4850 can support 1920x1080 just fine on that monitor. I would start by updating your ATI display drivers. Go here:

Global Provider of Innovative Graphics, Processors and Media Solutions | AMD

And select the drivers based on your machine specs. Make sure you slect the correct Opearting System (32-bit, 64-bit, etc.) and the new driver package will download. Once that has been updated, open up the Catalyst Control Center and take a look under graphics in Display Options. Make sure you have the proper resolution set (1920x1080, 60hz). Let me know if that does anything for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom