Man, I dont get this...(Video Card on Newegg)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Beedubya on this board has an X800 XT and HATES IT! The eVGA 6800 GT is much better, plus it can be overclocked past 6800 ultra standards.

lazerman said:
Beedubya on this board has an X800 XT and HATES IT! The eVGA 6800 GT is much better, plus it can be overclocked past 6800 ultra standards.

He also said that he now has the new drivers and likes it more. Beedubya, where are you?

lazerman said:

For one thing, I have an X800 Pro, not an X800XT. The Nvidia 6800GT will deliver superior Doom 3 performance to an X800 Pro or an X800XT. For a while after I got my X800 Pro, I experienced major problems with it, including lag in just about every recent game I threw at it. Now, with these new drivers, it equals or surpasses the 6800GT in all games but Doom 3. The card still struggles in D3 when you try to add 4x+ AA. But the $400 6800GT even smashes the $500+ X800XT P.E. in that game. Hopefully ATI will get on the ball and get some better OpenGL drivers to close the gap. Although I don't consider the X800 Pro near as bad of a deal as I once did, I still reccommend the 6800GT, mostly because of superior OpenGL performance and also PS 3.0, which neither X800 has. Stay away from the vanilla 6800 though....

i've tested many (if not every) manufacturer out of ATi. Good card manufacturerrs out of ATi chipsets are:

ATI - themselves (most recommended)
Asus

MSI and GigaByte have recently started, just to to keep themselves in competition, though it is believed that they might make good cards.

Powercolor - hmm, OK, but their 9700 cards were faster than the Original ATI Built, havent tested the 9800/X800 chips though

Sapphire - its on your Luck, if u get a better piece out of their production, else keep changing until you get stisfied fully.

Hercules - they were very nice as well, unfortunatel given up making graphic cards.

Tyan/FIS/Connect3D are just helping ATi to spread their video chipset into more and more PC's

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom