System BOOT Fail. Help please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marvin.Star

Beta member
Hi guys, recently I installed a new graphics card, Sapphire Radeon 5700 series, while I was running windows XP. When I went to turn the computer back on an install drivers I was given an error which said something about the cmos and gave me the option to hit F1 and continue with boot or hit delete and load default settings to reboot. I continued and the computer ran perfectly fine. After installing the graphics driver I rebooted to complete the process and had a new issue; the computer took twice the time to begin the boot process and gave me the error:
*****Warning: System BOOT Fail****
Your system last boot fail or Post Interupted.
Please set default and reboot.

So naturally I decided to try what the computer told me to do, I loaded default settings and rebooted, and nothing changed. I looked at a couple similar issues on forums that said to try running a disc check on the drive, this did not work. I have confirmed that it is a motherboard related issue and not software because when I booted with a new hard drive I recieved the same error message. However, the computer is running just fine aside from the slow boot now. I'm not sure what to do, any ideas? Also I am now running windows 7.

Can you load into Safemode without the error?

Cmos can be reset. Cmos battery looks like a large watch battery. If you take that battery out for a few minutes it resets. (not sure if that's necessary just yet)

What card did you have before this new Sapphire Radeon 5700?

Hi, thanks for responding. No when I enter safemode I also encounter this error. My previous graphics card was a PALIT GeForce 8600GT Super+1GB Graphics Card (I just found the same one being sold online). Just to clarify, the computer no longer says anything about the cmos in the error, it just did the first time.

Go to your hard drives manufacturers web site and see if they have a DOS based diagnostic tool you can download.

sounds like the old issue between nvidia and radeon drivers.

back in the day (not sure if they fixed this) you had to completely remove the nvidia driver before installing the new card ( & vise versa). Used to be conflict city for a few people.

If you can, try uninstalling the video card through device manager and see what happens when it reboots.

So you think it might be that I needed to fully uninstall the Nvida driver before physically putting in the radeon graphics card? I suppose that would make some sense. I'll give that a try.

And I'll check that out Slay ty.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom