Help me choose-2 Samsung monitors

Status
Not open for further replies.
Newegg.com - SAMSUNG ToC T240HD Rose-Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen HDTV Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 10000:1 Built in DTV Tuner & Dolby Digital Surround Speakers - LCD Monitors

Newegg.com - SAMSUNG 2433BW High Glossy Black 24" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 20000:1(1000:1) - LCD Monitors

The cheaper of the two has a TV tuner and speakers. I don't really care about those features. Do you guys know why that model is cheaper? Is the more expensive one going to have a better picture? I need the monitor mainly for gaming , so input lag and ghosting are an issue. After lots of research on monitors , I still feel like I have a lot to learn. I was at Best Buy the other day looking , and found that a 23" 1920x1080 Samsung LED at $300+tax was the nicest display there. I really want 1920x1200 , but I'm tired of waiting for an LED that's 24" at 1920x1200. I don't think they exist. Does the perfect monitor exist at a reasonable price? Should I just wait for a Samsung 24" LED at 1920x1200? I should also add that a while back , I purchased a Sapphire Radeon 5870 that was defective and had to return it. I got a refund because they were out of stock. Now I will be getting another one (XFX 5870) as soon as I decide on a monitor.

Oh yeah , I should add that I don't want to spend more than $350 , so it's probably going to have to be a TN panel.

I would choose the T240HD. It has HDMI, swivel adjustment and a better warrenty [apparently?]. From memory the reviews on the T range were also the best of the Samsungs.

Yeah , but the original price on the BW is higher. With the HD having more features , why would anyone buy the BW?

EDIT* No one else has any opinions? Anyone have an LED backlit monitor? If so , is it worth it? I've only seen one in action and I was impressed , but that really means nothing. Should I just "chance it" and get the : Newegg.com - SAMSUNG ToC T240HD Rose-Black 24" 5ms HDMI Widescreen HDTV Monitor 300 cd/m2 DC 10000:1 Built in DTV Tuner & Dolby Digital Surround Speakers - LCD Monitors ?

If you say yes and I don't like it , it's your fault. :big_smile:

EDIT AGAIN* I am just kidding , it wouldn't be your fault. :big_smile:

I just bought a Samsung Syncmaster 2343 23''. Love the thing, miles ahead of my old 17'' dell. Honestly I'd just go with the cheaper one, they both probably look about the same, since the same resolutions and brand.

I just bought a Samsung Syncmaster 2343 23''. Love the thing, miles ahead of my old 17'' dell. Honestly I'd just go with the cheaper one, they both probably look about the same, since the same resolutions and brand.

Is that the one with 2048 x 1152 resolution? Are you a gamer? Do you still use your 4850? I was looking at that monitor also , but was unsure of the weird resolution. If you use it for first person shooter games , is there any ghosting?

I have the P2450H, which is basically the successor to the T240; I can totally recommend it. Hefe has a T240, you may want to ask him what he thinks of it.

Is that the one with 2048 x 1152 resolution? Are you a gamer? Do you still use your 4850? I was looking at that monitor also , but was unsure of the weird resolution. If you use it for first person shooter games , is there any ghosting?

Not sure what exactly ghosting is, but I've played a lot of Dragon Age: Origins, some Burnout Paradise, NFS: Shift, and about 30min of Crysis Warhead just to test fps. I'm no hardcore gamer or anything, but I LOVE this monitor. Very bright and colourful, and the high resolution is very nice. I haven't watched any HD movies or videos yet though.

In dragon age I went from having 60fps constant (Vsync enabled) to about 55-60, just drops a bit more then before. Crysis is slower, can't run it over ~25fps on enthusiast, though gamer works great still with ~30+ usually.

But what I really like is how it displays images and pictures. My dad has a Nikon D90 and I edit/touch up photos for him. With the RAW files being 4288x2848 they're a little over double the resolution. Which is great compared to the 1280x1024 which is almost 4 times smaller.

I also love the switching inputs with the tap of a finger, use it with my 360 as well. Though the 360 doesn't look any better, doesn't support anything above 1900x1080. And the 360 doesn't exactly produce pretty pictures compared to my pc.

I'd buy it for again, have no regrets at all. Especially at the price I got it for. $189.99 CAD with free shipping, so it was about $215 shipped! Which is amazing considering the usual prices here. I'll load up crysis again tomorrow to check for ghosting, once I find out what it is :p Though I don't really have many fps as I suck at them on pc. But mw2 on the 360, I rip at that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom