videocard upgrade help

Status
Not open for further replies.
ok but i also need a power supply he said right? so what would be a good one to go alone with one of those video cards?

Here's a good high-quality power supply:

Newegg.com - Antec BP550 Plus 550W Continuous Power ATX12V V2.2 Modular Active PFC Power Supply - Power Supplies

thats $55.

Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR AX4850 1GBD3-PH Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards

$110

total: $165.

I don't recommend you go lower than that on either the video card or power supply. I couldn't the requirements for 2 of the games you listed, so i don't know how it'll run, but for fallout 3, it'll run that quite well.

ok, i could bump up my budget to 180 thats as much as i can spend right now for that, does that make much difference? for now Im thinking about ordering those parts tomorrow then, thanks for your help, any final thoughts?
EDIT- Am i ever gonna need more than 550 watts in my PSU?

With shipping those 2 parts will take you to almost 180, so i guess thats your limit right there.

The only time you'd need more than 550 watts is if you're planning on running multiple GPU configurations such as SLI or Crossfire, but your computer doesn't support that anyways; so for now, 550 watts is more than enough.

good luck.

this is out of stock now.. Newegg.com - POWERCOLOR AX4850 1GBD3-PH Radeon HD 4850 1GB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express 2.0 x16 HDCP Ready CrossFireX Support Video Card - Desktop Graphics / Video Cards
i can still get the power supply, what should i do now?
EDIT - by the way Im ready to order the parts now and my budget is 165 without shipping

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom