first time builder need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
just to be safe i'll buy the full version.thanks for everything the 2 of you. I think i'm ready to buy.

I was thinking there. that is 1tb not quite a lot and I could save money there and buy a better mobo or whatever speeds it up.

oh, i had only listed a 1tb hdd because you had listed one in your original list, so i assumed youd want that much space.

here are some other hdds of different sizes you could look at that cost less.
Western Digital WD3200AAKS 320GB SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache - OEM Caviar Blue - Ebuyer

Western Digital WD5000AAKS 500GB SATAII 7200RPM 16MB Cache - OEM Caviar Blue - Ebuyer

Western Digital WD6400AAKS 640GB Hard Drive SATAII 7200rpm 16MB Cache - OEM Caviar Blue - Ebuyer

the current setup is already pretty good, so you could save the money, unless you still want to spend it.

I'll just take the 500gb and if I need more space I will buy an external hard drive. Do you think its a risk getting the upgrade version of windows 7 to clean install. I think I will get the upgrade mobo and ram as when I clicked the ram its now in stock. Is that going to be quite a fast computer then. If i post the link to the shopping cart does it let you see it or is it just this computer so you can check its ok.

well, it was only like a few days ago that i saw that guide for a clean install with an upgrade disc, so idk how well your chances are of it working, but nothing in it looks really complicated though.

so i guess like i said before, if you wanna stay safe buy the full version.

if you link your shopping cart, it will appear empty on my screen. you need to post the individual links of your parts.

If it doesn't work could I install a vista disc from a laptop then upgrade and it would work but then would the laptop still work after.

I'll just take the 500gb and if I need more space I will buy an external hard drive. Do you think its a risk getting the upgrade version of windows 7 to clean install. I think I will get the upgrade mobo and ram as when I clicked the ram its now in stock. Is that going to be quite a fast computer then. If i post the link to the shopping cart does it let you see it or is it just this computer so you can check its ok.
If you get a OEM upgrade disk, this is not possible. The serial is tied to the mother board and can not be transferred. All this can be found in the OEM vs Retail thread.

http://www.techist.com/forums/f9/differences-between-oem-retail-171393/#post1349335

Also note that getting a upgrade version of Win7 doesnt work unless you have a previous version of Windows that qualifies for the upgrade installed first.
If it doesn't work could I install a vista disc from a laptop then upgrade and it would work but then would the laptop still work after.
No you can not do this. That is a OEM serial and is tied to the laptop. You can not use it to install on another machine to use the upgrade copy and still have it work on the laptop.

You will have to buy a retail version or a OEM full version. Not a upgrade.

I order my computer earlier today anyway.I just took the full install version just in case anyway. This forums been great. Thanks. (this was magicboy didn't realise it was my brothers that was signed in)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom