Got my christmas gift!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

JorgeHGPR

Baseband Member
Hello all, I recently was surfing in the internet on my old Compaq 6000 with a Pentium 4 2GHz, 1GB RAM, 60GB HDD and it had a 5500 FX video card with 256MB. It was one day after christmas, and unexpectedly, my father came home for a visit. He gave me the keys to his car and told me to open the back door and get the box that was in there. The box was like all torn up, I mean like if somebody had got a knife and cut all the letters so I didn't know what it was. It was kinda heavy, but I was unaware of what was inside the box.

He told me to get a knife and open the box, and when I opened the box... BOOM! I cried of happines since I play alot of MMORPG's and needed a upgrade... Check out the computer I got for Christmas!!!

Newegg.com - ZT Element 2093Xa Athlon II X2 240(2.8GHz) 4GB DDR2 500GB NVIDIA GeForce 6100 Windows 7 Home Premium - Desktop PCs

I know it doesn't a good video card, but I mostly do MMORPG's and leave intense games for Playstation 3. This is perfect for me!

What are your tought's on this computer? Im thinking of upgrading my monitor in the future, what would you guys reccomend? A $150 budget for the monitor.

Thank you!!!

Hey, it's better than your old crap, be happy.

MMO's don't usually use that much video power. Might want to upgrade that ram as well.

What screen size do you have/want?

Hey if it works for you, awesome. As far as monitors...you might be a little limited as far as resolution goes because of your onboard graphics. I think 19" might even be stretching it a bit for gaming. If you could stretch your budget just a bit then you could go for a video card upgrade as well with a new monitor. What size were you thinking?

not bad yo. what kind of monitor do you have? if its not one of those huge old school monitors you should be cool. If not viewsonic is pretty cheap, I got my 21' from frys for $110 (iirc) 1080p full hd, hdcp compliant (i like to plug it, and my ps3, up to the inverter in my car for road trips haha), looks great for a great price

@MindoverMaster - Why do I need to upgrade my ram?

@james.wired - Do you think I can go with a 21.5" Widescreen Monitor?

@sparkplug619 - I have a Samsung 15" CRT...

Overall I am happy with my new computer, and I tried to play the MMORPG I play and it worked awesome. The only thing I need to upgrade right now is the Monitor.

Yes you can get that monitor, but you just will not be able to use it's native resolution with your onboard graphics. You will have to play in lower resolutions. I would recommend getting a new power supply and video card so you can play at medium settings on that type of monitor.

I like trotter's idea of getting a video card that works with his current PSU. The 9400gt looks decent. I found a 4550 for even cheaper, but it looks like it requires 400watt PSU.

You don't need to upgrade your ram.

Any LCD monitor out there is going to be loads better than your current 15" CRT

Here's a good one for $140 and free shipping.
Newegg.com - Hanns·G Hi-221DPB Black 22" 5ms Widescreen LCD Monitor 300 cd/m2 1000:1 Built in Speakers - LCD Monitors

That'll take you to $185 altogether.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom