Corshair DDR3 memory issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

uneeb83

In Runtime
Hy guys. This is gonna be long but detailed...

Im running i7 920 @ stock
DX58SO---1217 bios
9500GT
2GBx3=6GB XMS3 1600MHz Corshair RAM ( but im running it at 1066MHz because the old BIOS doesn't support the XMP profile, also the timings by cpu-z are 8-8-8-19 no over-clocking, every thing is at default)
MS Windows 7 64 bit ultimate

anyways...So Im doing my daily work, and playing a game along with it.
the game was GTA 4. I minimized the game to go and check my yahoo mail.
I turn on task manager and CPU-Z just for fun....GTA 4 has taken about 1.2 GB of my RAM and every thing else has taken 1.4. Also strangely I cannot see the SPD info of my memory. Also GTA 4 is putting a load of around 22-29% on the processor when minimized....But I7 is a beast, It can handle it :D

It gets late at night, but Im in the middle of a mission, so I DECIDE to minimize the game and then put the computer to sleep. that way all the memory would remain, but I can continue the game in the morning...

I get up at noon, and find out that my PC's LED fans are spinning. So I come in front of the screen and the move the mouse a little so the screen comes out of its low power state....But the screens power light stays Orange...So I press some keys NOTHING..

NOW COMES THE INTERESTING PART....

I press the reset power button and then the screen power light turns yellow and then orange again THEN i hear 3 long beeps from the board meaning sumthing about the memory, I RESET the PC again, Same thing happens, then I shut down all power to the board and then after 5 min restart the BEAST, And BOOM it starts to work...

The windows displays an error while booting sumthing about the memory....I ignore the thing and move on, The first thing I do is INTEL BURN test...with maximum everything...and the computer passes....then i restart the PC and do the memtest86+ and that too was a pass with NO errors....

I don't know that my system is stable or not.....and was it a hardware error that happened or a software....Since the BIOS gave beeps Im considering a problem with the RAM...

I only have about 1-2 months warrenty left on the RAM
But the board has 3 years and the processor too has 3 years
NOW WHAT SHOULD I DO....SHOULD I REPLACE THE RAM?
AND WHAT HAPPENED BACK THERE....WAS IT MY MISTAKE OR A GENUINE HARDWARE FAULT??

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom