Win7 Search Window Randomly Pops up

Status
Not open for further replies.

Teh Solution

Baseband Member
Hello,
For a few weeks now I've had the windows search popping up randomly, not a big deal but still shouldn't be happening. It may happen 20 times in a minute or go a day without doing it. The window I get is the same window that comes up when you push the windows button and the F key. Also the sound goes mute randomly as well, both problems don't necessarily happen at the same time. I did some searching and I found similar problems diagnosed as a keyboard issue, thats why I posted this in the hardware area. When it happens I just close the window or turn off mute and go about my business. Also when I'm playing a game and it happens I totally lose control of the game until I close the window, can't do anything. AVG scan comes back clean.

My system specs:
Keyboard: Saitek Eclipse
OS: Win7 64 bit RC7100 (I do plan on buying W7 home premium very soon)
6 GB Ram
Core 2 Duo 2.66 GHz
MB: EVGA 680i LT SLI
Graphics Nvidia GeForce 8600 GT
500W PS

Thanks for the help

I haven't tried another keyboard as I'd have to buy one, don't have a spare at the moment. Do you think that would be a good place to start? I have tried plugging the keyboard into another USB port, with no change. I'll leave it running tonight and unplug the keyboard and see if that keeps it from popping up. I'll also try another profile tomorrow and see what happens.

Thanks for the replys

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom