first time builder need help

Status
Not open for further replies.
not sure about prices in uk, but would it cost so much more to go with an AM3 mobo w/ DDR3 ram instead?

what will the extra 26 pound do a difference. will it make it faster also is that case got enough bays I don't understand it and i was reading the reviews and it said something about needing screws.I also just remembered that its going to be wireless so is it better with a wireless card or usb adapter.

ddr3 is newer tech, and this mobo will have compatibility with future cpus because it is am3, whereas the other mobo before was am2+ and there will be no more cpus made for that socket. up to you.

the case should come with enough screws.

for a wireless connection, you can use either but i dont really know if ones better than the other. if youre looking at two specific products, you could search for reviews on each.

That kingston product is out of tock when I click the link will i just get the other mobo and ram, will there be a difference in performance or is it just that the newer one is easier to upgrade.

the main difference is that you have more options to upgrade. By having ddr3 you'll be able to take the memory onto a future build if you ever decide to upgrade whereas with ddr2 you won't be able carry that other to anything in the future. Performance wise, there shouldn't be a significant enough difference.

Is there another ram I could use as when I click that link I says is out of stock. Also has the case i picked got enough spare room.

you could try to install win7 with the upgrade version with this here guide,
http://www.winsupersite.com/win7/clean_install_upgrade_media.asp
(this was mentioned by another member here on another thread recently, but i forget who or which thread. whoever it was, you know who you are, so credit to you for the find.)

^ that guide looks like it has a good chance of working, but if you just want to stay safe, but the version that i linked you to earlier.

and make sure its 64-bit.

that deal doesnt look too bad. the psu that comes with it isnt the greatest one, but if youre still gonna go with the 4670 as a dedicated gfx card, yes it should work.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom