Who uses OC Programs and Who uses the BIOS??

Do you use the BIOS or a program??

• BIOS OC

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Program OC

• What's OC??

• What the heck is BIOS??

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
^yeah, i lucked out because i accidentally picked the non D0 c920 at ncix, but i got a D0 anyway. I am still going to do some work on it, but here is a screen shot. I didn't run it for the whole 10mins for this screen shot, but the temps didn't change really.

^vcore of 1.24375 in the bios mate. Just tried 4.1ghz with the same vcore but i bsoded after about 20seconds of linx, so i need to up the vcore, and i don't really want to because that will increase the temps. So looks like i have hit a cap at 4.0ghz for under 80c. Unless i lap my true that is.

i recommend using the bios to set the overclock as you have much more settings and control over your hardware and then i use OS based apps to monitor and test the overclock, ive been using this method for a long time and feel its the safest way to OC!!

^kinda pretty much the only way to do it mate lol, cant really run a temp monitor and a stress tester without them being windows programs...sure you could check temps in the bios but you would not know the load temps.

bios...i got to 4.2on air today, stable, but the temps were wau to high, just about max...right now im stable 3.6 with load max temps at about 80-83. anything over 3.6 it seems i get to high of temps, mid to high 80's, some times even 90s. Think i might have some v's higher then necessary,

Your temps are way to high, you need to watch the video :D

^yeah i have a better oc now, 4.0ghz with max 79c...thats good enough for me for the moment, i am considering lapping in the future though so ty for the video.

edit:just watched that vid, how many sets for each grit did u do before moving on to the next grit?

Also, did u lap ur cpu as well? (i think it would be cool, but wouldn't that void the warranty? lol

I saw your other post, 4GHz with a max of 79C is still way to hot. In your bios under the voltage settings, are you running with or without vDroop?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom