Attempt number 2.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Gumbi

Baseband Member
Many of you have been helping me get my first computer running, and so far so bad. But I'm buying my 20th order of stuff now, and I got the case, OS, dvd drive, cpu, Hard drive, and monitor etc etc. Looking for a good Mobo under 80 dollars (Prefer that it has 4 ram slots), a graphics card under 80, and a 2 gig ram stick. Think thats all I'm needing. Also, is there any other odd things I'm going to have to do before I try and start my PC? Last time I told my friend who works at Georgia Tech everything I did, and he said that what prolly screwed it up was A) ECS mobo's aren't his favorite, and B) that when I turned the PC on while the Jumper was on clear that could have messed it up, so any other funky things like that I should know about? THanks in advance.

Mobo looks pretty sweet. I think I'll do that unless you think I could get better? (willing to spend around 80). also I'm going to need a graphics card, heard the HD4670 outperforms the 9600gt as far as benchmarks are concerned. AND I'm gonna need a PSU, and a 2gig ram stick.

I prefer you get that motherboardd as it will be good for your budget.
I need to warn you right now, if you say you are only willing to spend 80 plus s/h, I need you to make a decision now or later.
You can extend your budget to at least 120.00 and get the mobo and video card or you can get the mobo and a good power supply, or only the motherboard for now and wait until you get some more money.

I'm not being mean or nasty or anything but if you need all the parts now and only willing to pay only 80.00 it's just won't work.
I'm a broke man right now and took me from june to christmas to rebuild my computer and that was no walk in the park...
All I'm suggesting you do is get the main stuff first mobo, ram and power supply.
That should at least come to about 110.00 with S/H from UPS 3 day select.
Once you have those parts and put it together and make it work, then you think about the parts that you want.

Just giving you some friendly advice, go ask some of the mods that know me how long it takes me to get money and build a workable computer throughout the year.... :(

mike, i think the prices he set are for individual parts; not all together for under $80; His budget is much higher than that.

lol yeah im spending around 650 total for this thing, but already bought case, cpu, dvd drive and hard drive.

So that Mobo look good? Input on a 2 gig ram stick and graphics card? Want to buy it tonight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom