**The LINPACK Thread**

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: **The Official TF LINPACK Thread**

Thanks guys :).
^ I dunno.. Apparently that GD70 board I've been droolin over is a piece of MSI crap.. I don't really want to go back to Asus.. But something 790fx AM3/DDR3.. I've already got a PSU and Gfx card.. So all I'd need is a case (800D) board, RAM and CPU.. Maybe have to update the CPU waterblock.. I've got the money, but I don't want to spend it seeing as I don't NEED a new board/CPU/RAM.. Just the want factor..

I'm gonna go downstairs in a while and try again for 4g..

oh, HT link width??? 8bit or 16bit?? It's on Auto right now.
Sounds like it would be a pretty cool build, I love that case...

I just left it set on auto, do you think I should set it to 16 bit all the time? I know what you guys are going to say, and I think the same thing. I'm using AMD Overdrive to overclock. I would OC through the BIOS but my BIOS is pretty bad for OCing, pretty much only thing clock wise for anything I can change is the reference clock, which it doesn't even allow me to enter that menu for some reason... If my BIOS was good I would definitely be in there vs a program. For what it is, Overdrive really isn't bad. Allows you to change refernce clock, voltages for NB the CPU and RAM, RAM timings, CPU multiplier (even for each core separately if you would want to, I just leave it at "select all cores"), NB multiplier, PCIE speed. It does crash the system if it isn't a good OC when you apply the settings, but since it doesn't change the settings in the BIOS it boots up fine. Bad thing about it not changing the BIOS settings is that you have to apply your clock every time you reboot, but it doesn't take to long, especially if you have your settings memorized.

I'll try another run if I can get my clock any higher and cut down on the running processes a little more and see what happens (will do superpi next...) ;).

New result
linxi.jpg

52.3339 GFlops | farinha | i5 750 @ 3.6Ghz

I just noticed I have the AMD King title :). Just wait until apsoul gets here, I think he had a 4.3 or 4.4 clock on his 965.

Yesterday I tried oc'ing again and I couldn't get the same clock I had before, I think there were a few things that were different from before though. I'll try again today maybe if I get the time.

Just a thought, but I don't think we should have an Intel winner and an AMD winner. This test gives no prejudice to either architecture and they have an equal shot. Giving a winner to each will only make it appear as if it does. I think there should be an overall winner and just that. If we want to break it down we should do it based on cores or something. A quad winner, and a dual winner.

That makes sense. Strip me of my title haha, I'll just have to work a little harder now. :devil:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom