WD Caviar Black 1 TB???

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ejjman1

Baseband Member
I'm having much troubles. For X-mas, I got a bunch of money towards Best Buy. I want to purchase this.

Western Digital - Caviar Black 1TB Internal Serial ATA Hard Drive for Desktops - WD10000LSRTL

If I go to new egg, as well as the Western Digital website, I see this as the only 1 TB Caviar Black

WD Caviar Black 1 TB SATA Hard Drives ( WD1001FALS )

Best Buy Model: WD10000LSRTL
New Egg Model/WD Model: WD1001FALS

I cannot find ANY difference towards either of them! They look identical, but I really could see Best Buy screwing me. So I wanted to see if anyone could find the difference between the two. Thanks

EDIT: It's a 5 year warranty on both, so don't use that as a reason.

Neither of these drives are built for Raid 0, (let alone I have no idea what it really is) but I want to attempt it. I have heard it speeds up both drives, but there's no protection towards crashes, which is why I have a 640 Gb to back up my system files. Do I have this correct? Is it easy to raid (Intel x58 SLI LE mobo)?

Computer components are always more expensive in stores than online.

I would buy it from newegg for the cheaper price, but that means if it dies you have to pay for the shipping to RMA it.

If you buy it at best buy you pay more, but if it dies all you have to do is drive back there.

Best Buy seems to generally list slightly different model numbers. It could be a store-specific model number, but I can't tell you what the differences would be. Newegg is selling a bare drive which will have a different model number than a retail package.

DoubleHelix is right. On the drive, it lists the model number that is listed on New Egg. I guess I saved myself 30 dollars!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom