Elusive Hard Drive and Boot Problems

Status
Not open for further replies.

The Napster

In Runtime
I just upgraded my PC from amd x2 4400, 3g ddr 400 to amd phenom 2 965, 4g ddr3 1600. In my old setup I moved to windows 7, but I ALWAYS had to have the startup disc in the tray for the system to startup. I thought this would go away but it didnt I still have to have the disc in the try in order to boot into windows. How do I change the boot to go to the hard discs? I have 5 hard discs two in RAID 0 array. My old motherboard only had 4 slots so i had to keep one unhooked, my new board has 4 regular slots with 3 extra esata slots. Now I cannot move any hard drive cables around without messing up the boot and my backup drive with all the stuff i need on it happens to be an esata port as it was the last one. Drives 1-4 are in the RAID part of the motherboard (asus m4a79xtd) and show up during post. The drive on the esata port will show in post quickly and in a seperate area than the first four, but does NOT show up under windows. It will however show up in the windows install disc as the only drive. (until i load the raid drivers). How can I either get this drive to show up with the rest in windows, or get my drives where i can switch them around and it still boot from the raid? It seems like a big mess to me i am confused.

So you changed motherboards and this still happens?

Should be able to access the CMOS setup by pressing delete or F1 soon as the computer is turned on.

Refer to manual or companies website if you can't find it.

It could also be a hard drive problem if your reusing old ones.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom