Attention all Tech Forums members

Status
Not open for further replies.
I feel rough enough already without all the BS being slung around. With the mood I am in it would be extremely hazardous to continue to do so... for all parties involved. It will stop right now or I will take matters into my own hands.

What has been announced is exactly what happened. A script kiddie exploited an unpatched vB vulnerability. This did not allow the individual to access anything other that the template, where he stuck an frame to generate traffic to a rather crappy MMO site. There was no malicious software or attacks made, nor was there any real data breach that we have seen. Apparently the individual did not know what he was doing and was dumb enough to tip his hand by emailing us to try to arrange a "treaty".

As for the investigation, Both Larry and Saxon are tracing stuff down through the logs. We say it is ongoing because they have not finished with this completely.

Again, enough of the BS. It is because of crap like this from people who have no idea what they are talking about that I would have preferred to have not said anything at all. This disclosure was put forth so we could have transparency between the staff and the membership, as well as to notify everyone of the breach (as required).

^assuming they are talking about what i think they are talking about it is a piece of code used to display a document etc to something, possibly could redirect traffic as well i guess, because by what i can tell that is what they are saying that it did. I don't pretend to know much about coding though, but as far as i know, that is what an iframe is.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom