Attention all Tech Forums members

Status
Not open for further replies.

Larry K

Fully Optimized
Attention all Tech Forums members,

Yesterday (December 25, 2009) we where the victim of a minor security breach performed by a as yet unknown attacker who inserted a (maybe malicious) iframe into our site. The attacker notified us by email, saying something about access to the database and at this moment in time we are performing a investigation into how this happened and to what extent data was compromised. We are urging all Tech Forums members to change their passwords, to be on the safe side.

The current consensus of the investigation is that their has been no malicious activity performed with the data and that their was no exploitation to your individual computers/Tech Forums account but within the next few days we will post the results of our investigation.

To our knowledge as of now, the security breach has been corrected and Tech Forums should be as it were before the breach. We have taken precautions and blocked some IP addresses, etc.

Please post any questions or comments in this thread, and try not to contact the forums Admins, Management, Super mods or moderators individually about this subject as we are currently engaged in the investigation and can not reply to all received PM's.

Thanks
We hope everyone had a good Christmas and has a safe and Happy New Years!
<!-- google_ad_section_end -->-Larry

Something weird happened to me on Christmas day as well, don't know if its related though. I kept getting signed out of TF. When i switch topics or w/e, i see the google ads and i see that i'm signed out. Had to sign in several times... but it looks like its fixed now as it didn't sign me out today.

Something weird happened to me on Christmas day as well, don't know if its related though. I kept getting signed out of TF. When i switch topics or w/e, i see the google ads and i see that i'm signed out. Had to sign in several times... but it looks like its fixed now as it didn't sign me out today.
This is something we did. We forced people to log in everytime until we had resolved the issue on our end to prevent any more issues.
Good to know I helped. :D

Well i brought it up right before you had in the Staff area about this. Your topic only confirmed my belief. But yes you did help and it is appreciated.

This is something we did. We forced people to log in everytime until we had resolved the issue on our end to prevent any more issues.

Well i got signed out again, lol. Stop it already :p

Well i got signed out again, lol. Stop it already :p

If you're logging in from the top menu and choosign to 'Remember Me' then you'll need to sign in every time. There's a bug with that. To fix it, go to a thread, reply to a post, and log in from there choosing "remember me." Replying to the post is optional, but you'll now be logged in until you log out.

I recieved an email saying somebody had attempted to log into my account five tines and failed :(

If you're logging in from the top menu and choosign to 'Remember Me' then you'll need to sign in every time. There's a bug with that. To fix it, go to a thread, reply to a post, and log in from there choosing "remember me." Replying to the post is optional, but you'll now be logged in until you log out.

Ah, thx for the heads up. I'll try that now (with this response :D)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom